Sunday, August 22, 2010

What advice did you get from your father or mother that you would like to pass on to your kids?

I find that parents give a lot of advice and mine did as well. The ones you would like to pass on to your kids are the ones that have had the most impact.What advice did you get from your father or mother that you would like to pass on to your kids?
don't date a guy that works in a bar!What advice did you get from your father or mother that you would like to pass on to your kids?
trust your gut instinct, it's almost always right.
From my father: Be kind no matter what someone is doing to you. Kill em with Kindness.


My Mother: don't give your trust people should earn it like money.
From my father - don't be a quitter.


From my mother - don't settle.
I will always support you in whatever decisions you chose to make in your life.
Respect yourself, and do all things, even the tiny things with the utmost integrity. Then, no matter the result, you will be able to hold your head up high.





Love is not words, but actions as well. Demonstrate how you feel to those you love.





Bite your tongue for 20 seconds when you are angry. It will prevent you from saying many things you would regret.





Don't go to bed angry with your spouse. Nothing good comes of dragging out fights. Try to at least come to place of calm understanding, if not resolution.





And, my personal favorite.....if the other kid hit you first, you have my permission to defend yourself to the best of your ability. If you started it, you will be in twice the trouble when you get home. lol
Dont pee into the wind.
The only thing my mom and dad taught me was how NOT to be a parent...
Dad- The sooner you stop worrying what other people think about you, the sooner you'll enjoy your life the way you want to.





Mom- Life is like a long boring walk, every now and then you'll start running and skipping (when life is going good), and there'll be times when you trip and fall ( when everything seems to be going down) but no matter how bad the walk is never give up in yourself and you'll find a way to overcome all the trips and falls in the world.
Never admit to something you didn't do just because someone is intimidating you. Stick to your guns and never give in.
Stay in school don't get married or have baby's in your 20's ..kids today should have fun while they are in school and enjoy the life in there 20's stay out of trouble be respectable to others.
Don't eat yellow snow.
Never do business with family! My dad always told me this, and still does. It can cause a LOT of hurt feelings and sad times. He is living with some residual problems from my grandpa's death 10 years ago. Of his (7) brothers and sisters, only 2 of his sisters and he speak to each other. The rest have gotten completely out of touch with everyone.
Mum used to say,


';This is not mean't for you, as I don't expect you to take my advice. What I'd like you to do is remember it though, so when you find yourself in the same situation with your own children, you'll know just how I feel now, and realise that although you know what you are thinking of saying is right, you will only be wasting your breath and causing friction between you.'; She would then tell me what Gran had told HER, and admit she ignored the advice then, but right now wished she'd been mature enough to handle it.





It worked for me - I think.....
Family first.
Don't have that last drink. You don't need it and you won't miss it.
The KISS principle, Keep It Simple Stupid.
Never mess with Uncle Nader when he's drunk. :-)
Don't talk to strangers...
You can do anything you want to do. You can be anything you want to be. Keeping this in mind, every action has a consequence, but I got to choose my positive and negative consequences and learn from my mistakes.
live your life to the fullest

No comments:

Post a Comment