Monday, August 23, 2010

Need advice on how to get rid of highlights!?

I have dark brown hair with highlights on top. I want to dye my hair all one color. I wanted to dye it a light brown color but dont know if that is a good idea because I'm pretty sure the highlights will come back to soon. Is there a certain light brown ne one suggests or should I just go dark? HeLp!Need advice on how to get rid of highlights!?
It depends on how light they are. If they're very light at all, you're going to have to fill them. Your hair is missing color, and if you put a brown on top of it, it's going to grab the red pigments, and it will turn pink. If it's light and you do need to fill it, use a copper-gold or strawberry-gold to fill it, then you can put whatever color over it that you want. If they're not that light, you can try just putting color over it, but you still run that risk of it turning pink. But if you fill it and don't need to, the areas where your highlights were will be too red. Therefore, I'd just go to a salon.Need advice on how to get rid of highlights!?
I have the same problem, I have had highlights before and just dyed a dark color over them and it took perfectly, it did fade eventually but all color does and I had to just redye it. But after reading about fillers and what my hair could have looked like, I am nervous about doing that again.

Report Abuse



hairstylists always know best..just ask them!!
dye it with a darker color and by summer it will be light to be called a '; light brown';.
just go to your hair stylist and let her dye it. any other questions you have... just ask her.

No comments:

Post a Comment