Monday, August 23, 2010

Could anyone give me advice on how to get donations from companies or people for a church Youth Group? ?

My church is located in Stone Mountain, GA. We are only 4 years old. I have been giving the position as a Youth Director. I need funding for my youth group at church. Could anyone give me advice on how to get donations from companies or people for a church Youth Group? ?
Organize a fundraising luncheon after church, send out invites to all local businesses, advertise in the church bulletin, have the minister announce it, and explain the purpose and what you need money for. Once you do get donors, be sure to keep their contact info to send out fundraising requests again next year. Perhaps do a raffle at the luncheon, also. Most people will pay $5-10 for a fundraising meal.Could anyone give me advice on how to get donations from companies or people for a church Youth Group? ?
I believe the easiest way would be to get a non-profit tax ID number so that you can give donors a receipt for their donation and also prove that your charity is a valid one and its not just you pocketing the money. If you don't all ready have a non profit tax ID then you might want to look into getting one because it will greatly help
I would look into fundraising options rather than simply soliciting donations. Get your youth out in the community helping out and let people know who you/they are and what you're about. The donations may follow, but you'll need to work for it!





Marie


www.earndollarswithscents.com
just dont beg- thats always annoying
  • eye color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment