Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm going to try to get rid of a wasp nest in my yard later today. Any advice??

I have the spray and the netting and the chemical bomb thingie. I have read all the instructions. There is no one around to help me so I'm going to do it by myself.I'm going to try to get rid of a wasp nest in my yard later today. Any advice??
Is it wasps, hornets or honey bees? Could be very dangerous!!! The spray will work on a wasp nest, hope you are a good shot! Hornets, I have used gasoline (don't light it), there can be 1000s or them, Honey Bees, you may need help, gas will work on them also but, usually 1000s of them, PLEASE be careful!!!! The gas will kill your lawn too so think about it. Can you run fast? Don't go back very soon, any that escape will return! If it is wasps, knock the nest down soon as possible.I'm going to try to get rid of a wasp nest in my yard later today. Any advice??
You're a very brave lady - you wouldn't catch me removing a wasp nest in a million years. Just be careful.





The only advice I can give you is to wear protective clothing (which you seem to have) and carry some form of wasp repellent with you. If things get hairy - run!
?
it would be best to it at night when they will be less active
I have used the old-fashioned method, which is to put on some long sleeves and hold a small torch made of loosely-rolled up newspaper or waxed paper under the nest. The point of doing this is to singe their wings off so they fall to the ground. (You can more easily avoid them while they're wriggling on the ground in their death agony.) I've done this at least fifty times with perfect success.





However, as I get older and wiser, this approach seems much more risky than just using a fast-acting insecticide.





The death-by-incineration method often involves setting a fire while standing on a stepladder, which seems like a bad combination when you think about it. In the off-chance that 10 or 20 of the little buggers got to you before you got to them, you'd be slapping and jumping off the ladder and screaming and dropping your torch into the bushes. This sounds like a good way to burn the whole darn place down.





This is especially true if the nest is attached to your house--setting an open flame to your dwelling just seems like one of those things that leads to winning a Darwin Award.





Therefore: I say hit 'em with the spray and keep a safe distance until they're on the ground. Then bag the nest up and toss it away.





Remember to wash the poison off your hands, though.
i would call the local police department and ask for the bee person. tricky and much safer if a professional handles it for you
Do it in the early-early morning -- just as it begins getting daybreak. That way, you can see but the wasps are not active yet. Also -- whatever kind of spray you use -- make sure it's the kind that sprays a jet of 20-30 feet. Then later on -- be sure and remove the nest so that nobody else will come and re-occupy it.
I used to be an exterminater for a family business so from experience I would definately spray %26amp; kill live wasps then remove nest after no activity for a while. A couple hours should be plenty of time so spray with whatever spray you have really good load it up then using rubber gloves remove nest %26amp; dispose of in trash bag.
Wait until the sun is almost down, they are sleeping and not active at all and will not even try to fly after you, they just land on the ground and die.
be care full.seriously!!
I've done this and only do it early in the morning when it's cool and cold-blooded creatures like wasps can't operate at full efficiency. I have bought a spray that you spray from 25 or 30 feet away, worn long sleeves and pants and a motorcycle helmet, and sprayed the nest as fast as I could from a distance. Then I run inside for half an hour. When I come back out, the wasps are all dead.
Wait until night. The wasps are less active then--also they will all be ';home'; for the night and you can get them all. Do not hold the flashlight, set it on the ground away from where you will be standing when you spray. If some come when you spray they will head for the light...you don't want to be holding it! That's what worked for us. Good luck to you!
I've always been told to do it at night. It's colder and the wasps will stay in the nest due to the cold. You may have a few fly out and defend the nest, but not nearly as many as during the day.
Go to the 'phone, and get someone else to do it....


Those suckers don't care who they bite when they get ticked off....
I hope you can run! You'll find out. Good luck. Experience IS the best teacher!
use a lighter and a can of wd-40
be careful and good luck!
Try RAID WASP Killer Spray....You can find it at Home Depot or Kmart.


I found it effective for several nest I found. They die right away so be sure you're not under the nest when you spray.
Get a guy to do it. We are not good at stuff like that, you'll do something wrong and get hurt!
just make sure to put some long sleeves,cover as much bare skin as you can,in case you piss them off,good luck,never used a chemical bomb all ways


cooked them rascals with gas
Don't piss em off. If they have eggs or larves or whatever....they will get very defensive and attack.
how big is the nest.If its small u can have fun doing it.Use disposal syringe,fill it with gasoline and spray with needle inserted to it.With in seconds u'd find wasps staggering and drop dead.


me serious about it,i do it myself

No comments:

Post a Comment