Monday, August 23, 2010

I am wanting to print images of my artwork on crockery - do you have any advice on how to get started?

Printing artwork on a ceramic dinner service - plates etc ? Printing artwork on plastic picnic plate sets ?





I am wanting to explore this as another option in making money from my art. Is there a cost effective way of ';testing the water'; without outlaying too much money ? any advice or comments would be appreciated - thanksI am wanting to print images of my artwork on crockery - do you have any advice on how to get started?
You can silkscreen onto leatherhard clay surfaces using slips and underglazes. You can also make dark brown ceramic decals using a special waterslide decal paper and a laser printer. The toner cartridge must have iron in the mix. HP and apple do, I don't know about the rest. There is a new book out by Lark Books I think that goes through all the ways to transfer images onto clay. You can always order some full color ceramic decals from a place that makes them

No comments:

Post a Comment