Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm trying to learn-Can I get some advice?

I want to teach myself how to sketch and draw.I constantly study and I have pictures I want to draw and sketch.Drawing was in my family(my mom)used to draw but it stopped right there.Is there anyway I can pick it up and teach myself?Even though I was never good at it when I was younger.I'm trying to learn-Can I get some advice?
Like anything else, you practice.


The most important thing is that you learn to see, and sort of deconstruct what you are seeing so you can put it down on paper.


You aren't in class, no one needs to see what it is or judge how good you are, you aren't going to get a final, learn to enjoy doing what you enjoy without fear.


You don't even have to be good, honestly, I've been painting for fifty years now and I still know I'm not good, but I enjoy the hell out of it and have no intention of giving it up.


Just do it.I'm trying to learn-Can I get some advice?
Hi, Just the fact that you are interested in drawing is a good start. I teach art and drawing is one of the things I do best. But still, I always know that I can always get better. So I have to practice as often as I can. I love to show people that don't feel they have the talent the ';blind Contour'; approach. It's when you only look at your subject but never pick up your pencil (or else you'd lose your place) and never look at your paper until your done. Here's Wikipedias explanation





:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_conto鈥?/a>


http://drawsketch.about.com/cs/drawingle鈥?/a>





You can even practice ';modified blind contour';. It's when you look at your paper ';only'; when you have a question- like ';am I still drawing on my paper?';These exercises losen you up and show you how well you really can draw when your not putting any pressure on yourself.


I hope this helps- good luck!
for starters i would start to study first point perspective!


then 2 point..





you can find examples of first point perespective on google or yahoo whatever!


just search it!





next you must learn to see things correctly! what you think may be one line more then likely it's a few lines one dark sided one shadowed and the other for highlighted!


it always go to me.. like a straw! the circle part of it! you don't draw a circle. you draw two of them you ahve the inside of the straws edge and the out side of the straws edge! but when i say this is more advanced for starters i mean it! but keep it in the back of your mind!





one advice my teachers gave me!


DRAW WHAT YOU SEE! put up a still life... 3 random items of yours put them on a table or chair and DRAW IT!





good luck and we all have crapy drawings so love them as much as you love the ones you like a lot!
  • eye color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment