Monday, August 23, 2010

Where can i get tax advice for someone who is re-patriating back to the UK?

Website is below and the specific part of the Inland Revenue you need to speak to is the Centre of Non-Residents (CNR).





However all that needs to be done first of all is for your friend to complete an Arrival in the UK form (P86) when he gets a PAYE job and this should be enough to get the correct tax code in operationto be correct.





Things can be simple in the Inland Revenue and any complications you can get advice from the CNR.Where can i get tax advice for someone who is re-patriating back to the UK?
the tax office themselves actually have a helpline where you can find out all you need in situations like this, just ring the main number and ask for itWhere can i get tax advice for someone who is re-patriating back to the UK?
lol from any english man seems we have to pay the bloody thing :P





lol nah best place is prolly some where in the government as there the people that enforce tax
The INLAND REVENUE website xxxxxxx
Good luck with your advise so far!


I worked overseas for almost 15 years, Saudi, Egypt etc etc .


On arriving back in the UK I needed a UK income tax code, I applied for one, I eventually received a letter from Inland rev, they informed me that before giving me a tax code they had 'estimated' (how I don't know) that I owed 拢18K in unpaid UK taxes while I had been working overseas!!! Based on visits to the UK for unspecified periods of time, etc etc.


Complete gobbledygook! I couldn't understand a word of it!


I thought a change of plan was immediately called for and was ready to depart the UK again, very fast.


Instead I went to an accountant , he charged me 拢1K to sort it all out. I owed the Inland Rev nothing and got my new code.


The main problem here is that the Inland Rev' have proved you guilty in advance, you need to prove your innocence!


My advise is let them do their own thing then get an accountant onto it.


Good luck, do you really want to come back to the UK????

No comments:

Post a Comment