Monday, August 23, 2010

I am 38 weeks pregnant and i can't get hardly any sleep any advice?

i mean i toss turn my stomach hurts , heartburn , i just can't sleep period?I am 38 weeks pregnant and i can't get hardly any sleep any advice?
They also make special body pillows that support the baby at night. If that doesn't work, just use plenty of pillows! They will become your best friend! Congrats and good luck!I am 38 weeks pregnant and i can't get hardly any sleep any advice?
Well I'm only 13 weeks pregnant but have been having such a hard time sleeping since 9 weeks. It was like really bad insomnia. I talked to the doc and he said the only thing I can take on occasion is Benadryl. I waited until I was done with my 1st trimester and took my first pill just a couple of days ago and it felt good to get a good nights sleep. I have been feeling more energetic. I don't plan on popping the pill all the time, just when it gets to the point when I'm a zombie, maybe once every 1 month or so. Ask your doc, he may suggest Benadryl also. Hope you get some ZZZzzss soon!
Try keeping your upper body propped up with pillows (so you aren't laying down but are almost sitting up) that should help with the night time heartburn. Try not to eat 2 - 3 hours before bed if possible.
Im 33 weeks pregnant and in the same boat..


I get really bad heart burn and cant sleep aswell, what i find helps is put a pillow between your legs and a pillow under your belly..





Hope this helps and goodluck on bub!
Have some mylanta -lie on your side in bed - put a big fat pillow behind you to support your back one between your legs near your knees and cuddle one - this should help a bit. You can also get 'body pillows' Big long pillow you can snuggle up to.





Hope you get some rest :)
Prop yourself up on some extra pillows so your head is higher than your stomach. That should relieve the heartburn. You are going to be uncomfortable for the next few weeks until baby is born. Then after that you're going to be waking up off and on all night to take care of your little one! Best wishes for a healthy baby and a healthy you!
u know what its hard to really get any sleep around this time. its not much u can really do if the regular stuff dont work like warm baths,more pillows etc. i stopped sleeping around my 37wk i delivered at my 40 wk and now my baby is 5wks and i havent gotten any sleep since lol i already just dropped the idea that i will ever get sleep untill my son is old enough to go to the babysitters
the only advice to give is sleep with as many pillows as possible and hope you get that baby out soon.. but even with the baby on the outside, you're not going to get any sleep.
I have trouble sleeping too. i'm not pregnant though but yea umm see a doctor. he'll work with you
im 38 wks too and having the same problems but 3 pillows 4 my head and one for in between my legs helps and the bed head to help u pull ur self up lol. ( funny sight i no)


also try a glass of cold milk 4 the heartburn it worksevery timee 4 me.


good luck and hopefully not too much longer.
Try to sleep on the couch on your side or somewhere that you can still get up if you needed to. I could not sleep in the bed at the end of my pregnancy, the other thing i did was hot chocolate or warm milk
im 32 wks and have trouble too. my doctor told me it was safe to use tylenlo pm just one will do fine. it helps me.
You can go to your doctor and they can prescribe you sleeping medication, but go to your doctor first so it will be safe for you and your baby. I was going through the same thing and my doctor gave me some sleeping pills.
my ob told me to take a tylenol pm to help me sleep. perfectly ok...no harm to you or baby.
It's normal. Not much there is you can do until you have the baby which won't be much longer but then again, you might as well get used to not getting much sleep.
  • eye color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment