Sunday, August 22, 2010

I get a choking feeling when i swallow food:plz can you help with advice?

I get a choking feeling as i swallow my food, it feels like it sits there before travelling down to my stomach..sometimes it's painfull. Other times i have no problems.What is this and is it stress related.? thanks for your advice.I will be seeing my doctor soon.I get a choking feeling when i swallow food:plz can you help with advice?
I wonder if you might have a hyperactive gag reflex. Does it only happen in the morning? If so that might be it. Some people have a hyperactive reflex first thing in the morning and need to swish warm water around in their mouth before they eat. It could be stress related....are you stressed? Try slowing down as you eat and take tiny bites and work up to regular size bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment