Sunday, August 22, 2010

What advice can I get for braces?

i got my bottom braces on today and i already want them off! my orthodontist told me i would have to wear them for 18 months! i will eventually get my top braces too. my teeth are really no that bad at all. i only have 2 crooked teeth on the bottom and my top teeth slant back a tiny bit. i and 15 almost 16 and will i actually have to have my braces on for the entire 18 months?What advice can I get for braces?
It's not so bad. Trust me, better to get them now than later. I didn't get my braces till I was 18! Lol, and I started out college with braces.





They were annoying at first because they hurt, but it gets much better. I got so used to them that it felt weird once I got them off!What advice can I get for braces?
I had braces way back 2004 when I was fourteen and had them removed (even when treatment wasn't finish yet) in 2007. I'm having them again next week but its not the metal ones anymore but ceramic braces.





First things first, you will definitely feel pain at first. Imagine that you're having a toothache but then again, its all of your teeth! It's really that painful and sored. Just bear the pain because, you will eventually get used to it.





Next, the brackets tend to irritate your gums at first. Don't freak out, this is totally normal. They will eventually get used to it in no time.





Lastly, you have to be careful about the food that will stuck up your braces. It's just during the first months though. You will eventually learn how to eat without staining them.





These are just the top 3 things you will have to bear in mind in the first days and weeks of your braces. Good luck! :)
it's not so bad


get them while you're still young
The more you follow directions from your orthodontist, the better chance you have at getting your braces off on time.





Keeping your teeth clean, wearing your rubberbands if you have them, and going in to get any wires, spacers, or brackets repaired right when they break will save you time in the long run and leave your teeth in much better shape when you are done.





Wearing your retainers once your braces come off is VERY important to keeping your teeth in line. No sense in wasting all that hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment