Sunday, August 22, 2010

I need to get my life in order, and advice?

I'm 17 and will be graduating from highschool this year. I am taking a year off before going to college simply because I'm not ready to make such a big decision yet. While I am off for a year I plan to get my lifeguarding license, volunteer around locally just to gain experience, and work a part time or perhaps even full time job. I am also considering getting a scuba license.





And I have some future goals I want to achieve. I want to work on a cruise ship for a little while as an activities director or something. I know it's hard work but I think it will be very rewarding for me. I also want to join the peace corps at some point in my life. The thing is, I am kinda shy and reserved.. I don't want to live my life like this. I want to be outgoing, happy, travel the world and meet new people. How can I become more of a people person?





I am also not sure how to organize all this. Should I go to school before doing those two things I mentioned above? If so, what should I go for?I need to get my life in order, and advice?
A college course in Social Sciences would be a good start. However, being a shy reserved personality isn't a bad thing. Once you have found what your Passion is, your shyness will diminish, and your growing confidence will fuel your desire to succeed in what gives you personal satisfaction. Happiness is a reward that comes from doing what you do BEST. What do you do Very Well? The answer to this is a great start. All the Best in your efforts, Doll!I need to get my life in order, and advice?
talk to god..am serious he'll guide u thru anything
I am still in school, but my favorite teacher always says, ';Smart people don't know the answers, they know where to find the answers.'; I think that you should try to do some community service that works with all types of ages and see what age you like the best. Then you can go from there and see what jobs you can get with those ages. Those jobs that you mentioned are good jobs, but most of them need patients, and that is a virtue that you need to strive to get.
Those are admirable goals, but once you are out of school, it is very hard to go back. I would suggest taking core courses at a local community college. They might also help you more clearly define your goals, plus you could get a lot of basics of a college education out of the way. I wish you the best.
  • eye color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment